Induction motor is the motor that relies on the induction force between the components of the motor. The structure of the motor is relatively simple, the manufacturing is convenient, and the price is relatively cheap. Stepper motor is a kind of induction motor. His working principle is also to use electronic circuit to convert DC power into time-sharing power supply, control current, and use this current to supply stepper motor.
As an actuator, stepper motor is one of the key products of mechatronics and is widely used in various automation control systems. With the development of microelectronics and computer technology, the demand for stepper motors is increasing day by day, and it has applications in various national economic fields.
So what are the obvious advantages and disadvantages of induction motors compared with stepper motors? The advantages of induction motors are: they are cheap and easy to operate and structure. The disadvantages are also obvious, and the simplicity of operation and structure leads to the failure of all aspects of its work efficiency.
The advantages and disadvantages of induction motors are introduced. Therefore, compared with stepper motors, induction motors should meet certain advantages.
1. The angle of rotation of the motor is proportional to the number of pulses;
2. The motor has the maximum torque when it stops rotating (when the winding is excited);
3. Since the accuracy of each step is between 3% and 5%, and the error of one step is not accumulated to the next step, it has better positional accuracy and repeatability of motion;
4. Excellent start and stop and reverse response;
5, because there is no brush, the reliability is higher, so the life of the motor depends only on the life of the bearing;
6. The response of the motor is determined only by the digital input pulse, so open loop control can be used, which makes the structure of the motor simpler and controls the cost;
7. Only the load can be directly connected to the rotating shaft of the motor. It can also rotate at a very low speed.
8, because the speed is proportional to the pulse frequency, so there is a relatively wide range of speed.